Just a crazy middle school math teacher turned instructional math coach.
Hello! I’m Amber Thienel and I’m currently in my first year as an instructional math coach at a middle school in a small K-8 district. I currently am coaching my colleagues at the same school where I taught 7th grade math for the last 11 years.
This blog is my attempt to document and possibly share some of my ideas as I try to figure out this whole coaching thing. Hopefully, you will find something useful or interesting to you.
Here are a few things about me personally:
- I absolutely love my husband and my Weimaraner. We go on a lot of adventures together.
- I’m a trail runner, rock climber, Pure Barre enthusiast, and general outdoor adventurer. I have ran a 50k and several half marathons. I have attended almost 200 Pure Barre classes.
- I love to travel. My favorite places at this point are southern Utah, Greece, Iceland, and Portugal.
- I read a lot. I read on average 5 magazine or blog articles a day. I have a goal to read 12 books in 2016.
- I hate Oreos. Please don’t hold it against me. I hope you still enjoy my blog!
This is Esteban