Just a crazy middle school math teacher turned instructional math coach.
(My husband & me at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, March 2019)
Hello! I’m Amber Thienel and I’m currently in my fourth year as an instructional math coach at a middle school in a small K-8 district. I currently am coaching my colleagues at the same school where I taught 7th grade math for the last 11 years.
This blog is my attempt to document and possibly share some of my ideas as I try to figure out this whole coaching thing. Hopefully, you will find something useful or interesting to you.
Here are a few things about me personally:
- I absolutely love my husband and my Weimaraner. We go on a lot of adventures together.
- I’m a trail runner, rock climber, Pure Barre enthusiast, and general outdoor adventurer. I have ran 3 ultramarathons (50k) and several half marathons. This year I ran the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim to Rim in one push! I have attended over 250 Pure Barre classes.
- I love to travel. My favorite places at this point are France, Arizona, southern Utah, Greece, Iceland, and Portugal.
- I read a lot. I read on average 5 magazine or blog articles a day. I have a goal to read 12 books in 2019.
- I hate Oreos. Please don’t hold it against me. I hope you still enjoy my blog!
This is Esteban